CMGroupBuying 2.9.0 (unknown release date)
CMGroupBuying is now a very big component and has many features. This causes some problems in development because we don't have enough people to test all the features for every new release. If users only need a very basic deal site, the component also becomes complicated to use, there are many features are not needed.
Now we are working to rebuild the source code of CMGroupBuying, remove bad code, make it easier for us to add new features and test, make it easier for users to customize and use. Some cool new features have been already in development too.
We don't have any release date for the next version of CMGroupBuying, we will post a new announcement if there is any updates.
We update the progress of CMGroupBuying 2.9.0's development on our social network channels Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every time there is something cool done, we will post screenshots to keep you updated on the progress. Follow us to get the latest news on CMGroupBuying 2.9.0!
Updated on April 22, 2015: A part of CMGroupBuying 2.9.0 was released as a standalone extension. Please see this article.
Updated on September 1, 2015:
- The back-end of CMGroupBuying was completely rebuilt and improved, now we focus on the front-end.
- We decided to remove the 3 layouts: dailydeal_groupon, dailydeal_livingsocial and groupbuy. 2 new layouts will be built, 1 uses Bootstrap and 1 uses Bootstrap 3, they use the default style of Bootstrap.
- The templates CMDailyDeal and CMGroupBuying will be also removed, you will be able to use CMGroupBuying with any template as long as Bootstrap 2 or Bootstrap 3 is loaded on your site. How CMGrouBuying looks will depend on your site or your template's Bootstrap, so CMGroupBuying would fit your template easily, reduces works and times for overriding CMGroupBuying's layouts.
CMGroupBuying 2.8.0 (released on February 20, 2014)
- New newsletter subscription popup plugin, the popup can be displayed in a specific menu item and users can close it easily to view the content of the page.
- Search module now supports free coupons.
- Search page now can use a public menu item (used to be a hidden menu item).
- Free coupon management and free coupon submission pages are moved into Partner Management Area.
- PDF coupon is supported. Now you have 2 options for coupon format: HTML (the old format) and PDF (the new one).
- CMGroupBuying now can generate its own QR code, you have an option to select what QR code generator you want to use,Google Chart or the library in CMGroupBuying.
- Featured free coupon is added (similar to Today Deal)
- "Product" feature: you can create products and assign your deals to products. This new feature is useful if you have many deals for a single product. Create a Products page in your front-end will help your users find out what products you are selling and how many deals are available for those products.
- Deal and free coupon now support custom meta key and meta description.
- CMDealArticle plugin is rebuilt to work similar to CMDealK2 plugin.
- CMGroupBuying More Coupons module is available, it works similar to More Deals module but for free coupon only.
New payment plugins:
- Authorize.net's AIM direct payment plugin is now available
- Sisow service is added to iDEAL payment plugin, however we still can't have ability to test it, so any help from you is really great!
- eWAY Direct Payment plugin is available, we have problem in registering a sandbox account to test so we still can't test it yet, any help from you is really great!
CMGroupBuying 2.7.0 (released on November 19, 2013)
- Discus comment integration.
- Compatible with Joomla! 3.2.0.
- Improvements in CM Group Buy template for RTL language compatibility.
CMGroupBuying 2.6.0 (released on October 15, 2013)
- Support direct payment by credit card.
- New payment gateway: Paypal Pro (Direct payment), ipay88, Setcom.
- Alipay, iDEAL payment plug-ins are updated.
CMGroupBuying 2.5.0 (released on September 16, 2013)
- Autopost plug-in is updated to fix Facebook issue.
- New payment plug-in: MOLPay.
- Partner can edit his information in Partner Management Area.
- Akeeba Subscription integration for partner.
- Improvements in AlphaUserPoint integration:
- Customizable exchange rate.
- Reward rule supports percentage value.
CMGroupBuying 2.4.0 (released on August 8, 2013)
- New payment gateway plugin: Klarna
- Bug fixes:
- Partner couldn't upload new image in front-end because Joomla! flash uploader was removed
- Advance payment's tooltip didn't show up
- Deal option is now translatable in JoomFish!
- Fixed issues in Mercadopago and Vivapayment payment plugins
- "View buyer info" permission didn't work in Partner Management area
- Partner couldn't submit new deal which had duplicated name in system
- Paypal payment plugin is updated to HTTP 1.1
- Update Autopost plugin to use Twitter's new API version
- Integration with Falang
CMGroupBuying 2.3.0 (released on June 28, 2013)
- Deal has 10 options at max, instead of 5 as previous releases.
- New email template sent to admin for cash order.
- Menu items for deal listing and free coupon listing now have an option to list deals / free coupons in a specific location.
- K2 integration: we have ability to map a K2's item to a CMGroupBuying's deal, we can insert buy button, countdown timer and number of purchases of deal into K2's item. When user clicks on buy button in K2's item page, deal is added to cart and user is taken to CMGroupBuying's checkout form.
CMGroupBuying 2.2.0 (released on May 27, 2013)
- New management area for partner and site's staff.
- Commission rate for deal.
CMGroupBuying 2.1.0 (released on April 23, 2013)
- New payment gateways: Faturah (Saudi Arabia) and Alipay (China).
- New option for default date time format in front-end.
- New options for default coupon design.
- Short description, highlights, terms and conditions, coupon expiration date will be available in coupon.
- Checkout form is customization easily in back-end.
- Integration with Community Builder's user profile.
- jQuery Backstretch is now used for stretching background image to fit window screen. CSS code for stretching background image and black fading effect is removed.
CMGroupBuying 2.0.0 (released on March 20, 2013)
- New payment gateways:
- VivaPayments (was HellasPay)
- Fortumo (only support Mobile Payments / Premium SMS API)
- iDEAL (via Mollie)
- New features:
- New plug-in to insert many deals into ACYMailing newsletter
- Terms and Service agreement checkbox is added
- New menu items for active, expired and upcoming free coupons
- Joom!Fish content elements are added to the package by default. We officially support Joom!Fish integration since CMGroupBuying 2.0.0.
- You can translate and download translation files for CMGroupBuying at Transifex
CMGroupBuying 1.9.0 (released on January 29, 2013)
- Support multiple items in shopping cart (ability to buy many deals at the same time).
- Responsive template and layout.
- PesaPal payment gateway.
CMGroupBuying 1.8.0 (released on December 28, 2012)
- Guest can buy for deals without registration.
- Deal can be posted to Facebook and Twitter automatically from your Joomla back-end everytime you create/save a deal.
- Administrator can send coupon email to receiver manually from Joomla back-end.
- Administrator can edit buyer and gift receiver information. This is useful when guest purchased for a deal but entered a wrong email address so he/she can't reveive coupon email. You can change the email to a correct one and resend coupon email to him/her.
- Advance payment accepts 0 price, you can create a free deal with Advance payment, your customers now only need to pay to merchants, no risk for paying online.
- In Shopping cart, instead of entering the number of quantity of coupons you want to buy, now you only need to select it in a dropdown list. Administrator can configure the max value of this quantity dropdown list in back-end.
CMGroupBuying 1.7.0 (released on November 22, 2012)
- Compatible with Joomla 3.x.x.
- Advance payment: buyer only needs to pay to group buying site a small amount of deal price, the rest will be paid to merchant.
- Payment methods are now available as Joomla plug-ins.
- 2 new payment methods:
CMGroupBuying 1.6.0 (released on October 24, 2012)
- Support Facebook OpenGraph tags for sharing deals in Facebook more conveniently.
- AlphaUserPoints and Jomsocial plugin/rule for rewarding buyers after they buy for deals.
- 1 new template and 2 new layouts which fully support RTL languages. These template and layouts will replace current templates and layouts in future releases.
- Effects for deal list: show deal short description (similar to Groupon.com) and run a slideshow (similar to Facebook's album) on mover hover (only available for 2 new layouts).
- Ability to configure how deals are displayed in deal list (how many deals in a row, distance between deals..., only available for 2 new layouts).
- Mobile template is redesigned and supports switching to desktop version, RTL languages.
- Shipping cost for each item bought.
- Free printable coupon and free coupon code:
- Administrator can create new free coupons in back-end.
- Partner can submit new free coupons in front-end.
- Buyer can easily get coupon code or coupon image to print without providing personal information or adding coupon to shopping cart.
CMGroupBuying 1.5.0 (out on September 24, 2012)
- 3 new payment methods are available:
- Gold from Cardcom (Israel)
- PayU (Poland)
- eWAY (Australia)
- Geotargeting for Deal Map and Category Browsing which uses IP database from MaxMind and IPInfoDB. Instead of displaying default location in CMGroupBuying configuration, Google Maps will show user location based on the result from MaxMind/IPInfoDB. (Only if user's location is in your business area)
- Partner now can only access his/her folder for uploading deal and coupon image.
- Mail notification to administrator when partner submits new deal is available.
- Content plugins are supported in deal detail page. This means Joomla plugins for Joomla articles can be used in description, highlight, term & condition of deal. This feature give ability to insert many cool features from third-party plugins, like Youtube video...
CMGroupBuying 1.4.0 (released on August 27, 2012)
- Partner (merchant) can submit his/her deals in front-end, Administrators can review and approve those deals to make them public for sale.
- Partner can have many locations (maximum is 5). At the present every partner only has 1 location.
- Cookie for subscription form. If user has already submitted or skipped the form, it will not appear again until the cookie is expired.
- Class suffix is supported in all CMGroupBuying's modules.
- jQuery loading can be turned on/off easily in CMGroupBuying configuration.
CMGroupBuying 1.3.0 (released on July 18, 2012)
Integration with JomSocial:
- Pre-fill JomSocial profile when checking out
- Buy deal with JomSocial point
- Get bonus JomSocial point for referral
- Post an activity on user's wall after buying deal
- Administrator can delete orders
- Administrator can manage coupons: change coupon status, delete coupons
- List of latest news from developer in Dashboard
- Partner can see the list of his/her coupons
- Category browsing: browse deals in categories with Google Maps integration
- CMGroupon Style template: component area uses full width of the page when there is no module on the right side
CMGroupBuying 1.2.0 (released on June 18, 2012)
Integration with 3rd party components:
- sh404sef for friendly URL.
- Copy deal function.
- New mail template for cash payment notification mail.
- CMGroupBuying More Deals module can:
- Show deals which are going to be tipped soon.
- Show biggest saving deals.
- Show deals which are going to end soon.
- Show deals having the most bought quantities.
- Cash payment notification mail.
CMGroupBuying 1.1.0 (released on May 20, 2012)
Integration with 3rd party components:
- AlphaUserPoints integration: earn points by referring deals, use points to buy deals.
- Deal map: use Google Maps to browse for deals.
- Multi-option for deal: Every deal can have many options (prices).
CMGroupBuying 1.0.0 (released on February 22, 2012)
- CMGroupon Style: Groupon.com-like template.
- CMLivingSocial Style: LivingSocial.com-like template.
- CMMobile: template for mobile browsing.
- CMSubscription: a template for daily mail subscription page (similar to Living Social's homepage).
- CMGroupbuying Location: module to change subscribed location.
- CMGroupbuying More Deals: module for listing more deals.
- CMGroupbuying Search: module for searching deals.
- CMDealArticle: plug-in for inserting a deal into Joomla!'s article.
- CMMobileDetection: plug-in for detecting mobile browsing.
- tagcmgroupbuying: plug-in for ACYMailing's tag system.
Integration with 3rd party components:
- Integration with ACYMailing component for a email subscription, tag system and auto-newsletter to send daily deal to subscribers.
Integration with deal aggregators:
- Provide customizable XML structure to connect with deal aggregators (like 8coupons).
- Menu items lists of: all deals, active deals, upcoming deals, expired deals, deals in a category.
- Menu items for shopping cart, user's orders and coupons, RSS feeds.
- Partner (merchant) area for checking and updating coupon status.
- +1 button for Google+, share deal via Twitter and Facebook, send deal via Facebook message.
- Each deal has its own background image.
- Insert deal into Joomla! article, ability to design your own template.
- Facebook comment.
- Side module for listing of deals.
- Search for deals.
- Mobile template
- Control layout, email notification and other settings.
- Design coupon by drag-and-drop.
- Compose mail content.
- Manage categories, locations, partners, deals, orders.
- Report for deal and partner, ability to export report to Microsoft Excel file.